Saturday, June 25, 2011

What I want to see on the bar menu - Cookies

We go to a lot of bars that have a smaller snack-size menu at the bar.  We like the bar menu because the items are small, you can mix and match, change your mind and order more, chat for an hour and order even more; it's a very civilized way of grazing.

Unfortunately I have never seen a dessert item on a bar menu - why?  Why not have a mini dessert item listed.  Whenever I ask they give me the main menu....right, I'm sitting at the bar and I've just had a single slider a single order of sweet potato fries, I do not want 3 scoops of ice cream.  I don't need death by chocolate either or a loaf of bread pudding.  

It really isn't a money thing, it's a calorie thing.  I'm not trying to be cheap, I'm fighting the scales while my aging metabolism slows down each year.  If it was a money thing I wouldn't be ordering your wine by the glass?

After my 2 bar menu items and 2 glasses of house Merlot I want a cookie!!!!

Let me be specific again, I want a bar menu cookie, I don't want a 6 inch diameter Frisbee.  I want a 2-3 bite size oatmeal and raisin or chocolate chip cookie!
  • If a cookie isn't available I'll take a single golf ball scoop of ice cream.
  • I'll take a 1 inch square brownie.
  • How about a mini fruit salad? Give me a ramekin with some grapes and mandarins.
  • What about a shot of chocolate pudding?
I can't believe I am not alone in wanting a taster-size dessert.  Sometimes I'm full, but I want something sweet to finish off the evening, I need a different taste to mask the garlic, I just need a bookend to my evening meal!!!

Don't tell me to share, I've shared desserts that would have fed me for 3 meals, the amount of sugar would have made insulin drip out of my ears, taken a marathon to burn off the calories and made my teeth fall out and walk away in disgust.

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you. Drinking alcohol makes me crave something sweet. A small bite, even after a big meal is easier to balance with my fitness goals.

    ...and don't start with the teeth. I finally gave up Gatorade for a minerals-only sports drink.

    ReplyDelete