Monday, June 20, 2011

What I want to see on the menu - Chia Seed Quesadillas


I need to find a restaurant for people who care about what they eat and have some dietary restrictions that generally make dinning out a challenge.  Today I had a small quesadilla and salsa for lunch...and it was just perfect. In a restaurant it would have been;
  • at least twice the size
  • made with flour tortillas
  • made with cows milk cheese
  • come with much more than salsa
  • have a ridiculous amount of calories
What I want is options on all of the above;
  • made with one or 2 small tortillas
  • made with corn or gluten free
  • made with sheep, goat or dairy-free cheese
  • not come with additional food I don't need (beans, rice, sour cream, etc)...unless I ask
  • be around 300 calories so I can have it for lunch and not blow my daily calorie limit
For now if I want anything that would fit into those requirements I need to make it myself.  So here's a hint all you restauranteurs who surf the internet looking for ideas, this is what I had for lunch today;

One single chia seed tortilla folded with Manchego (sheep) cheese and fresh cilantro leaves.  Lightly toasted on an iron skillet on each side until the cheese melts.  Cut into 3 pieces and served with a generous spoon of organic fire roasted corn and black bean salsa.  Yummy!


  • I made the chia seed tortillas using this recipe from The Spunky Coconut, but they are commercially available, a simple Google search will prove that.
  • I got the Manchego from Costco, 'cause we eat a lot of it!
  • I bought the salsa from Whole Foods
 This is what I want to see on the menu!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment