Saturday, February 12, 2011

Blueberry & Coconut Treats


And I thought I'd be known for my muffin (sorry, that's a quote stolen from Betty White on Saturday Night Live) because everyone asks for my almond flour muffin recipe.  However, if I post anymore of these recipes I will be known for my balls!  I shouldn't be surprised, I am a little obsessed by these fruity and nutty treats!

This version is reminiscent of cookie dough, so they have become my instant favorite!


What you need;
1/2 cup of cashews
1 cup of shredded coconut
1/2 cup dried blueberries
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1/4 tspn Mixed Spice*





How to make them;

  • Put the coconut in the food processer and buzz until yo have small flakes
  • Add the cashews and spices and mix until they resemble really coarse sand
  • Add blueberries and coconut oil and process until well mixed  
  • Take rounded dessertspoon scoops and form into a ball in the palm of your hand; the ingredients should be crumbly, but hold it's form when pressed together
  • Put the balls onto a tray or into small cake cups (if you have them)
  • Put formed balls into the fridge to set for about an hour

There should be enough mix to make about 16 small walnut sized balls.  They will last a couple of weeks if stored in a cool dry place (tub/tin) if they aren't eaten before then :-)

Blueberry & Coconut photographed with Apricot & Nut (with coco) and Date & Nut.


__________
* Mixed Spice is popular in the UK, it is a mix of ground cinnamon, coriander, caraway, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment